December 18, 2011

What...A...Week...!

Wowzers!!  What a week that was and I am here to say that I don't think this coming week is going to be much better!  My little sweeties are literally bouncing off the walls with excitement!  We had a great week, however, studying our fun little friend...the gingerbread man!  We discussed compound words and used both of the activities I posted last week which they loved!  We also completed an awesome comparison activity where we discussed the differences between information we learned from the text and information we learned from the illustrations.  I used the book "Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett and it worked perfectly!  She is an especially awesome author to use because of her wonderful illustrations and the story that they can tell by themselves!  I will post some pics later today as well as the graphic organizer I used.  I will also be posting a ton this week on TPT including my Silly Dilly Caterpilly unit on Dolch/Sight words...so please be on the lookout!  I hope you all have a great last few days of school and to those who are already finished...I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!!  I plan to continue thinking like the Little Engine That Could by telling myself....I think I can, I think I can!!! Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment