January 26, 2012

Wowzers!!!

Wowzers is all I have to say!!  I am SO. SICK. OF. THIS. RAIN!!!  I mean seriously...rain and 50 degrees in January is just plain crazy!!  I should be waking up to the sweet sound of my principal calling off school for a snow day and instead I am waking up to the sound of pounding rain and even thunder.  I know that I am going to be ever so grateful May 18 when I am waving so long to my sweet little firsties for the summer but this teacher is in need of a snow day right now in a bad way!!

In other news...my super amazing [and might I add HOT!!] husband won a big game coaching tonight!!  His team is currently 19 and 0...couldn't be more proud!

And I also couldn't be more relieved proud of myself for posting my newest unit to TPT tonight...a whopping 113 pages of all kinds of "skill drills" for your little darlin's while they are waiting in line for the potty or for any other down time in the hallways.  I have been using this concept for the past two years and I am amazed each year at how much it truly helps my littles!  I copy each concept on cardstock, laminate, hole punch and place them on a binder ring to hang by my door.  As we are walking in and out of the classroom, I use the cards as a password to get in and out.  While in the hallway, I "drill" my little "soldiers" to give them extra practice with concepts they may be struggling with [such as those pesky Dolch words and those darn addition facts].  Included in the packet are:
  • Dolch Words [pre-primer-3rd grade]
  • The first 100 fry phrases
  • Number Cards 1-125 to use for number identification, odd/even and place value
  • Addition Facts
  • Clocks for telling time:  hour, half hour and quarter hour
  • Counting Coin Combinations: pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters
Click the pic below to hop on over to my store and pick you up a copy!  While you are there, don't forget to grab a copy of my 100th day packet..."The Case of the Mystery 100th Day Bottle".  We just completed our 100th day yesterday and my kiddos were totally all over this activity! 
 
TGI[almost]F sweet friends!!!


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Cute "skill drills"!

    Gladys
    http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This unit looks great! About to add to my Wish List! Payday is coming...

    Peace, Love and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I am your 100th follower :)


    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha..send some of that rain my way. We haven't had much in a while and I kind of miss it.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain here in AL has GOT to stop!!!
    Your pack looks great! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute unit. I am going to go check it out!! I teach in a military community so this will be perfect.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love it! And, I couldn't agree with you more about the rain. It's basically all we have gotten so far and I'm sick of it :(

    Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog. I am your newest follower.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love withyour pack!! It's in my wishlist for me to start with next year (since I'm still out on Mat. leave right now...lol)

    ♥ Jen
    The Teachers' Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to Abby from The Inspired Apple, I just discovered your blog. I love this new unit and how you use it. I will have to add it to my wishlist. As far as weather goes, I live in Northern Michigan and it was 35 today with snow a-meltin. The weather this year is just crazy! But you are one lucky duck if you get out in MAY!

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! What a terrific idea. Research says that spatial learning is one of the best ways for kids to learn, instead of in big long chunks. So cute!

    ReplyDelete