February 21, 2012

My New Best Friend...Or Not So Much!

So...let me explain my lack of posting over this past week or so...it really is a good reason--I promise!  Last Thursday I underwent a small outpatient surgery--nothing too big but something that needed to be done.  The procedure went great and with a long weekend ahead, I was set for recovery!  Until Sunday.  I spiked a low grade temp and by Monday I had established a new relationship with my...you guessed it...bathroom!  I had become the culprit of the not so nice stomach bug...DOUBLE YUCK!!  Let's just say that I am in no way fond of this new relationship and I am praying that we break up very soon...especially since my birthday is tomorrow...the big 3-0 [ssshh!  Don't tell anyone!].  So, while I sit here contemplating how I am going to make this break up happen, I wanted to catch you up on a few happening's in my lil' ol' classroom.

Take a peek at a few activities that my sweeties loved doing on Valentines day!!  They were over the moon excited about our "Sweet Talk" activity and me oh my did they totally rock it out!
  Check out their awesome skills with describing change in a characters feelings throughout a story!
Up next for this sweet lil' blog will be my unit on persuasive writing...it will have a luck of the Irish twist to it!  Keep an eye out for Leapin' Leprechauns...A Guide to Writing A Persuasive Letter...which will be common core aligned!  [It should be posted by Friday at the latest!!]
Wish me luck with this break up...I am praying that it occurs very soon!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 30th!! Funny story, I ALMOST threw my husband a surprise 30th birthday party on his 29th birthday... EEK! I was ahead of myself by a year. Good thing it came up in conversation before I made the invites!!!

    I hope your break up is quick and painless!! :)

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have ver happy birthday. I hope you feel better and have huge celebration.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete