February 11, 2012

Valentine Freebies!

A double post today...wow wee!!!  I just wanted to post a couple freebies for valentines day!  The first one is a graphing activity.  Have your lil' sweeties sort their valentine cards according to categories.  They will then use the recording sheet to graph and analyze their "data"!  The second is an activity you can do using those cute lil' conversation heart candies.  Pair your kiddos up and have each of them choose a conversation heart.  They will write a sentence to their partner using what is written on their heart.  Have them write a sentence that is a question.  I have my darlin's glue their heart into their sentence to make it a little more fun.  Then, they will switch papers with their "valentine" {partner} and have them answer their question.  I have my kiddo's write "fat" questions--meaning they can't be questions that can be answered with a yes or no.  Click one of the pics below to grab yourself a copy from my Teacher's Notebook store!
The graphing activity is a freebie from my Valentine Unit.  Check out the full unit for more "sweet" resources!!



{You can also download it HERE if you don't have a Teacher's Notebook account!}
Look how cute our bookmarks turned out!!  These will be given to our sweet friends at our local children's hospital along with a book.  This is part of our service learning project for this year {these are also included in my unit}!!
Have a great weekend sweet friends!!

12 comments:

  1. I love the graph! Thank you for a great idea.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!! Thanks for sharing your super creative ideas! Have a great rest of your weekend :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the graph!! What a great idea. Thank you!
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! This goes right along with what I'm teaching right now. Thanks! I would love it if you checked out my blog- I'm also having a giveaway at the moment. :)

    Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Thank you so much for adding some fun to teaching graphs! =)

    I love the idea with the conversation hearts too!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca! I just found your blog. Thanks for the sweet freebies:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca, Thank you soooo much for the super cute Valentines and the Junie B. Jones book you sent our class! We all loved every bit of it!! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!
    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for our gift as well! My kids were over the moon excited about the treats and adored the bookmarks!!! I would love to do another exchange for the end of the year...let me know what you think!!

      Delete
  8. What a cute activity! I loved the graphing activity. I will definitely have to use it next year. Way to maximize your instructional time!!! I am a new reader, and I absolutely love your blog. So cute!!! :-)

    Jessica
    confessionsofaprimaryteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much friends...you all are too sweet! I just love all of you to pieces!!

    ReplyDelete