April 6, 2012

I'm Back!!


Hi ya friends!  I am so super sorry that I have been completely MIA for the past couple of weeks!  I have been way overwhelmed with life in general!  Let me explain!!

First off, I have had a student teacher for the past couple of weeks that I absolutely LOVE!  I'm telling you, this sweet girl is fabulous but having a student teacher is not easy at all!  I did not realize just how hard it would be to turn over my little darlin's to someone else.  I can't tell you how many times I want to jump in and start teaching but I have to bite my tongue and keep quiet!

In other news...I got a new job!  Our school is currently sitting at a grand total of ~1,150 students...a small college in all honesty.  Seriously, you should see us dismiss in the afternoon!!!  Because we have so many kiddos in a school built for around 700 our county had to build a new school...a mile down the road!  Being that I am not tenured yet, I was out job hunting praying that I got an interview at the new school (they interview based on seniority in the county)...and I did!  Praise the lord!!  I am all kinds of excited to be opening a new school...now I am just waiting to find out my grade level.  I will be coming to all of you if I change grades because lord knows I will need your amazing minds to help me transition!!

Can I tell you how excited I was to find this fantastic gift on my front porch?!  I have wanted an Erin Condren Life Planner for-ever!  My sweet hubby didn't quite understand my excitement but I know all of you do!!
Let me just tell you...I am not really a "spur of the moment" kind of gal but this weekend I lived on the wild side and was!!  After my UK Wildcats won the final four, my hubby and I looked at each other and decided to jump in the car and drive to New Orleans to go to the Championship Game!!  Oh my...it was absolutely amazing being there in person to cheer my Cats on to winning and bringing home Championship #8!!!  I have to say...New Orleans is definitely a whole new world but we had an absolute blast!!
{Don't mind the quality of the pics...
We packed so quickly that all I brought was my IPhone to take pics with}

Last thing {I promise}!!  I went to Target and the Parent Teacher Store this week and decided upon my new color scheme for my classroom!  I am so excited to get to decorating!!  The pic below shows the colors but I can't forget my polka dots!!  I will be adding in black and white polka dot fabric for curtains and such!  Isn't it just adorable!!!


Ok...I plan to be back this week with a post that actually has to do with teaching!   I just wanted to catch y'all up on why I have been MIA!!  Have a blessed Easter weekend sweet friends!!

 


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! I am graduating in a few weeks and will be looking for a teaching position. I would love to hear about this school.

    My email is holt.bailey89@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bailey! The school is in Northern Kentucky in Hebron! Where are you graduating from?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! :) Are those Chevron bins from Target? So stinkin' cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they are! I absolutely adore them!! Thanks for all the congrats sweet friends...it has been such a weight lifted off of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pics are way cute!! I have been using my ipad for pics and, let me tell you, it is not an easy task...hahaha!

    I have got to get one of those planners..if only Erin had a project management/appointment planner (like Microsoft Access - but in paper form)...

    Have a great Easter weekend and congrats on new beginnings!!

    Michelle
    3amteacher@gmail.com

    The 3AM Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is putting you exactly where He needs you! I know that can be exciting and scary!

    I am glad you are back! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete