June 12, 2012

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!

Ok friends...so I lied!!  I promised that I would be back last week with some goodies for you all and I didn't hold true to what I said.  Can you pretty please forgive me?!  I PROMISE I have a good reason...check out this sweetness of a reason below...

This is Miss Laney Lynn...I love her to pieces!!

As if that wasn't reason enough...check out my next three reasons! 
Last week started with me having every intention on loading a bazillion cutesie ideas on this little ol' blog but ended up being filled with lots of lovin', hugs and kisses on these beautiful sweeties pictured above!!  My hubby and I spent 9 hours in the hospital on Tuesday with our best friends experiencing the amazing birth of their first precious little girl...Laney Lynn {how stinkin' cute is her name!!}.  The poor momma was 10 days late and spent 30 hours in labor...goodness gracious--bless her poor little heart!!  We then headed south to my sisters on Thursday to take care of her three little angels for the weekend while she took a much needed mommy break to visit a friend in California.  I have to say that I only spoiled these sweet girls a teensie little bit...ok I lied again...I spoiled them beyond belief!!  My hubby and I had the time of our lives playing mommy and daddy for the weekend!!  It made me want a family of my own even more {as if I wasn't already dying to have a baby!!}  So...with all that said, I hope you can forgive me for my absence!!

I did accomplish one little project for my classroom next year {Have I told you yet how stinkin' excited I am to have a brand spankin' new room next year?  I could seriously turn cartwheels!!}  I am a complete freak when it comes to things matching in my classroom and I still had yet to find a word wall set that matched my decor.  Therefore, I cooked up a little creativity and designed this cute little pack!! 



As I have mentioned in previous posts, my classroom color scheme next year will be red, turquoise and green with accents of black and white polka dots!  These cards match my theme perfectly!!  I used the Dolch lists and included word cards for the primer, first grade and second grade lists.  Each list is color coded with the primer list introduced as a review, the first grade list used mid year and the second grade list used at the close of the year to prepare my lil' darlin's for the next year!  I am working on creating three more of these packs in various colors and designs...another polka dot pack but more colors, a chevron pack and a stripe pack!  I would be more than happy to create a pack for you that is specific to your classroom decor and I can even add in other dolch lists or words such as Fry words, color words, month, etc.  Just say the word and I am on it! 

Next up...a Common Core checklist!  I am always worried that I haven't covered all of the standards at the close of the year, so I am working on a checklist that will have all of the standards listed, a place to write the lesson used to teach the standard and a place to write the date of when the standard was taught.  This way you can see what standards you have taught and when and which standards you still need to teach!  A quick little cheat sheet!!  I am also working on making additional products to coordinate with the word wall sets such as classroom labels, jobs, month and day cards and so much more!!

Until next time!!

6 comments:

  1. Aww, Laney Lynn is just precious. Enjoy your time with all the special ones in your life.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laney Lynn is absolutely adorable!!! Having a blast :)
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little girl! Enjoy your time with all of them! :) Your polka dotted word wall looks great.

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the stinkin cutest word wall set EVER! I have a pirate theme in my room but this is on my wish list for my next theme!! Holy cuteness!!! :)

    Laney Lynn is pretty stinkin precious as well :)


    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You are too sweet! Let me know if you would like me to make one that would match your pirate theme!!
      Rebecca

      Delete
  5. You have been busy! And what a wonderful way to spend your time! Loving my kiddos this summer too. Mine are 11, 16, and 18. I don't get to cuddle quite as much, but they keep me laughing.
    Love the color scheme of you new room. I am also getting a new (bigger) room next year & decided to go with a new theme - owls. I just finished my word wall set yesterday. It took forever because each owl was 4 different cuts. Stop by my blog to check it out.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete