July 19, 2012

Christmas in July, Mustaches and Chubby Ties...Oh my!

**Congrats to Jennifer and Gladys for being my first two comments!!  I just sent you my newest pack!!  Thank you to all of you for your super sweet comments...they truly made my day!!  I hope you all enjoy my newest pack and I would love to know what you think of it!!**

Hi sweet friends!  Well, I hate to say it but I was that crazy lady in Hobby Lobby today looking at Christmas decorations...really?!  This clarifies that I have lost my mind!!  In my defense, I went into Hobby Lobby to get fabric for my classroom and they had all of thier cute decorations out so I had to "browse" through them!!  I was super excited when I saw their huge display of ornaments and decorations that were peacock themed!  How stinkin' cute are these ornaments?! 


They match perfectly with the colors in my house!  I love them most because they stray from your typical red and green!!  I can now check off "Christmas tree theme" from my to-do list...almost 5 months early!!

And now to the most important part of this post...my literature circle pack--I Mustache...What Are You Reading--is now complete and uploaded to TPT and Teacher's Notebook!!  So excited to use this pack in my classroom this year!!  This pack was created as an engaging activity to support reading comprehension through the use of literature circles. With cute, chubby ties and fun-tastic mustaches, your lil' darlin's will be reading even more!!  Included in this pack are...
  • Name tags
  • Mustaches to add fun!
  • Literature Circles recording booklet
{Click the pic to grab a copy over at TPT!!}

Name tags...Print, laminate and cut apart.  Punch two holes at the top and thread with ribbon to create a necklace.  Each student will be given a name tag to wear in their group to identify their role.  (Students should be put into groups of 5)

Mustaches...Print, laminate and cut apart.  Each role has a mustach for it.  Attach the mustaches to a dowel rod for students to use as a prop when presenting their role to their group.  (BTW...let me know what you think on the size of the mustaches...I am contemplating making them smaller!)


How sweet is my hubby?!  I needed a model and he volunteered agreed to help me out! 
 Love him to pieces!!

Literature Circles Recording Booklet...Students will complete one page each day.  There is a recording sheet provided at the beginning of the packet for students to write the pages they read and to mark thier role for the day. 


I hope y'all enjoy!!  You know the drill...the first two people to leave a comment will snag a copy of this pack!  Don't forget to leave your email addy!! 

P.S.  PTL...it rained today!!  My poor grass was oober thirsty!!

P.P.S.  Don't forget to head over to facebook and "like" Darlin' In First"!!


18 comments:

  1. This looks adorable!

    Gladys
    teachinginhighheels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love the mustaches!

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden
    atervoort@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable! I can definitely see myself using them in my classroom!
    piphiduck@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really great and fun. Will motivate the kids for sure!
    Jennifer
    loularkin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! Love, too cute!
    Rachel
    rachel.lamb81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the name tags and mustaches!

    rachel.turnage14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca! This is wonderful! I love it!
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
    Formerly Stories From Second
    lisa at fourthnten dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO WAY! I'm never the first!!! Am I really the first?!

    Cute, cute!!!

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal
    kellymchaffie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this! SO cute! :) amanda.nickerson84@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mustaches!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute ideas! Love the mustaches and the ties are adorable as well!
    Your hubby is a good sport - don't know if mine would sport the stache and paper tie... :)

    Kris Ball

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! It would be perfect for my students!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure
    fsuteach81@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!!

    Heather
    heather.byers@saintpaulschool.net
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your literature circle pack looks great!!

    Jennifer
    jenniferlalsip(at)yahoo(dot)com
    The First Grade Dream
    Win an iPad for your classroom

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! This is too cute! Bless your husband for being such a great volunteer...lol! I would love to use this is my classrooom. Thanks for the great resources!

    Amy
    firstgradepandamonium@yahoo.com
    firstgradepandamonium.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore your mustaches! They just tickle me. My children "volunteer" a lot to help me!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  17. La ragione popolarità di ristorante milano è che essi presentano i pasti nel modo più fantasioso e creativo possibile. Ogni piatto è come un'opera d'arte per chef italiani. Sono gli unici ristoranti che producono le pizze da 20 pollici, che hanno respirato varie verdure diverse, frutti di mare, le spezie e carni che non si sarebbe nemmeno pensare di combinare.http://www.ristorante.milano.it

    ReplyDelete