July 5, 2012

Common Core Checklist!

Ok friends...I need your input!  I am working on a common core checklist to use this year.  Since moving to the new standards, I am constantly wondering if my lessons are covering the standards and where I have holes.  I am also wondering which of the standards my sweeties have met and which they have not.  Therefore, I thought I would make a checklist for both myself and for my lil' darlin's so that I know exactly what I have taught, what I still need to teach and where my kiddo's are at all times!  Below is a **DRAFT** of the checklist for teachers.  I think, though, that I need to break each standard down into its substandards because there is so much in each standard.  Please let me know what you think, what you would like to see in the checklists and if these would be helpful to you at all!!  Thanks so much...you all are the best!!!

**Right now I have them divided into Math and Language Arts**

P.S.  Would it be more helpful to have the entire standard listed or just the abbreviation?

Comments, critiques, likes, disliskes...I want to hear it all!!

8 comments:

  1. This looks great! I am moving into common core standards next year & could use all of the resources that I can get. My one suggestion would be to maybe include a cover sheet with all of the standards written out so we could refer to that when we need to clarify which standard goes with each number. I love it & think it will be very helpful!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the checklist is a great idea. For me, though, I would like to have the actual standard written. Great job!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this checklist idea :) I think it will definitely be helpful when teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started following your blog and I LOVE it!!!! I am in the middle of all things CCSS too! I really love how you made the checklist, I agree with Lori that the actual standard is nice to have- I know I would just be looking them up if it's not right there! The only thing I might add would be a column to list kiddos who still may need reteaching or intervention on a given skill. That could be part of "notes" I guess - just thought of that as I'm typing :-) But they are great!
    rachaelrsterling@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like the actual standard written out too. Having it right there would be super helpful! :)
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten
    Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
    Formerly Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!! What a great idea, now I am inspired to make a kindergarten version for myself!! A checklist would do wonders! I think it would be ice to have the standards written out or maybe even abbreviated so that you know exactly what it is the standard represents.

    Danielle

    dnll.brown@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the standard written in or on a cover would be great. Will you be sharing when you have it complete? Hint...hint. ;)
    Jenny

    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Rebecca,

    I've nominated you for an award! Stop by my blog to get it. :)

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete