July 10, 2012

Tracking Your Teaching!!

**Update**
Congrats to Rachel {rmariemuniz@hotmail.com} and Lori {luvyorkies@gmail.com} for being the first two comments!  I am sending you your winnings now!  I hope you enjoy!  PLEASE let me know if you see any typos or if there are any corrections that need to be made!!  Thanks to everyone for your super sweet comments...y'all rock!!

Hi y'all!  I have to start by saying I am a bit sad...I feel like summer is slipping right through my fingers and there is nothing I can do about it!  I seriously have a bajillion things still on my "to-do" list and I don't know how I am going to get it all done and still relax a little before school starts back!  And to top it off...we just received an email telling us that we would not be able to move into our brand spankin' new classrooms until the second week of August...Ahhhhh!  School starts a week after that...I am seriously breaking out in hives thinking about it all!  Breathe...deep breaths...that's what I keep telling myself! 

In spite of this, I have been quite the busy little bee here at home working on as much as I can to get me set up for the school year.  I made these cute little hall passes to use next year and I absolutely love them!!  Whenever one of my lil' darlin's leaves the classroom, I have them choose the appropriate hallpass and place it on their desk so I know they are gone and where they are.  I printed my hallpasses on cardstock, laminated them, puched a hole in the top and threaded with ribbon...easy peasy lemon squeezy!  I can't wait to hang these on my cute little polka dot hall pass hanger!!


{Click the pic below to check them out on TPT!}


As I have said before, I am a bit of an organizational freak!  Therefore, I desperately needed some way to track my progress in teaching the new standards as well as my sweetie's progress in learning the new standards.  I found a ton of awesome Common Core Checklists on TPT but none of them completely satisfied my needs.  With your help {from a previous post}, I created the following pack!  I can not say thank you enough for all of your sweet comments and wonderful suggestions!! 

Included in this pack is a checklist for each of the Common Core math standards for first grade. On each checklist I have listed the standard and allowed room for you to write the dates your taught the standard as well as a place to write students names who are struggling with this standard {this section is titled "Help Me Pretty Please"}. I plan to highlight the standard once I feel that I have taught it to mastery.  In addition, for each standard, there is a class checklist in which you can list each of your sweeties names and have a place to check whether they mastered, partially mastered or did not master the standard. I love having this to use as anecdotal notes as well as to document each child's progress at the end of a term. Each section is divided with a cover sheet for that particular strand (geometry, measurement & data, etc.). I plan to place all of this in my assessment binder for easy access! I hope this helps you "track your teaching" this year!!  And don't you worry your pretty little heads...I will also be posting the ELA standards in the same format!

{Click the pic below to check it out!}




I would love to hear what you think...comments, suggestions, likes, dislikes...any and all of it!!

I'd also love to give a few packs of both my checklist and hall passes away to a few of y'all!  The first two people to comment with their email address will snag a copy of both!! 

P.S.  I just created a Facebook page!!  My heart would be so happy if you would stop by and "like" it!!

Night sweet friends!!


32 comments:

  1. Looks so cute! Love it!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'd love it! Thanks!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love polka dots :)

    eheynach@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there! I would love to look it over for you!
    ms.smartypants@rocketmail.com
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a copy!!

    stargirlah@embarqmail.com


    ✰Amber
    Sparkles , Smiles, and Student Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!!
    dawnkey82@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!
    dawnkey82@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea!!
    dawnkey82@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great!
    Ruthanne rarace81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! I'm becoming an organizational freak :) but it is productive so I'm handling it!

    Brittany
    Kielarbn@pba.edu
    Secondgradesweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your hallpasses!!!

    ahappyjaffee@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them!!
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look great! I agree, summer is going by way too fast!!

    eangelakos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of having them leave the pass on their desk. Never thought of that!

    Jennarpq@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look awesome! I love the "help me pretty please" section. Great work! I'll head over to facebook to like this:)

    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Common Core! It's coming fast!!!!


    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love both of these, what a great checklist! I am your newest follower!

    pinksmyink@gmail.com

    faithfulinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me, Me!

    lil_patton07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look great - very clean and easy to use!

    stefanie.galvin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. nblovely7@gmail.com

    I love your hall passes and I think the checklist is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look great!!! I would love a copy :)

    sunburst541@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. great idea! These look so useful.

    mgnreynolds@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable! These look so useful.

    mgnreynolds@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love these they look fabulous!!
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com
    meadowt@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your hall passes and Common Core Checklist pack. I was wondering if there is any way to make an alternative student page to include 22 student names. It looks like as they are now, there is a place for 15 names and I usually have between 22-24 students. Please let me know if this is something you'd be able to add. I'd love to have this resource!! Thanks so much for your hard work! This is the most comprehensive checklist packet I've come across. Brianne - bmiller@lockport.wnyric.org

    ReplyDelete
  27. Will you have time to make one for your friends in 2nd grade? :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love a copy - if you're willing to share. ecalhoun@osd.wednet.edu .

    Thank you - this is beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Are the hall passes exactly like the ones you pictured? When I looked at the preview it didn't look like the ones you have pictures with the pictures... Thought I would ask before I brought.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete