September 2, 2012

I survived...A random post of catching up!!

**Disclaimer...**
**this post will be completely random & a bit long!!**

Geez o' Pete!  What a month this has been!  I FINALLY got into my new classroom the NIGHT BEFORE "Meet the Teacher" night...and I survived!!  To say the least, I had a mild heart attack!!  {Technically we were able to get into the building Friday night but we had a vacation planned to Chicago months prior when we thought we were getting into our classroom way earlier.  Note to self...never ever plan a trip in August!!} 
This is why my classroom was in a state of chaos on Sunday night when we arrived back home...at 10 pm!!


Thanks to my sweet sweet hubby, I was able to get my classroom unpacked and decorated in less than 24 hrs!! 
{Just a few "teaser" pics...I will post more soon!!
Loving the "Dots on Turquoise" theme...so fresh and fun!!

I have the sweetest room mom who made these adorable curtains!  Love her to pieces!!

How fun is this decal?!  I found it on ETSY for a whopping $25 bucks...totally couldn't pass it up!!

My super sweet mom who made my curtains also made me this chair cover...too stinkin' cute!!  She is also making me one for my "Bucket Filler of the Week" and "I Lost a Tooth"...have I said how much I love her?!


**On to the next bit of randomness!**

D.O.T Binders!!
I know that this is not a new idea but I absolutely love my D.O.T binders!!  They keep my life, my students lives and my parents lives in complete order!!  Here are a few pics of how I organize mine...



Love this...thanks to  sweet Michelle Oakes for this great resource!!

I change out the lists as the students master each Dolch List




I have each family sign a D.O.T contract...it explains everything they need to know to stay organized!!

{Sorry friends...this is a long post!  I promise to wrap it up soon!!}

**Last bit of randomness**

I have added two new products to TPT!  The first is my Polka Dot Theme Clip Chart!


I have included everything you need to make your chart, a description of the colors, a chart to record weekly behavior for parents and certificates for students whose clip is on the principal or on the teacher.

I have also posted an editable word wall pack for both the polka dot and chevron theme.  These packs accompany the word wall packs that I have already made or you can add any words to them from your curriculum.  There are no words included so you can type in any words that work for your classroom!!  The word cards and alphabet cards are both included! 
{Click here for the chevron pack and here for the polka dot pack}

Ok sweet friends...I think I am finally caught up!!  That was a heck of a post!!  To celebrate me surviving my move to a new school, I will give away two packs {either my editable word wall pack or my clip chart pack} to the first two friends who leave a comment {don't forget to include your email address and which pack you would like}!! I'd love to see a comment from you...they truly make my lil' heart smile!!
 Night y'all!!

P.S.  I "stole" the idea of adding my blog title to my pics from the sweet Cara at The First Grade Parade...love her and all her wonderful ideas!!

8 comments:

  1. How cute!

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry. Forgot say that I would like the Chevron pack.

      Delete
  2. Your room mom makes the cutest things! Can we share?? ;)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I couldn't imagine having to decorate a classroom in 24 hours. Then again a few years back I was hired 5 weeks into the school year and got a job 2nd grade at 3:30 Friday and had to teach Monday with no time to prep the classroom.

    Oh and your polka dot clip chart is adorable...I'm obsessed with polka dots :)

    Emily
    eheynach@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog...it's adorable!! I was wondering if you sell your DOT binder information sheets? I want to do this with my 1st graders & love your letter/contract & was hoping I could get this somewhere??? Thanks for any help you can give me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I don't have the pack uploaded to TPT just yet but it is on my list of "to-do's"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your behavior chart has red at the top! That's how I do mine too and I get SUCH strange looks!

    ReplyDelete