October 14, 2012

Stayin' Organized...Forms to Help Ya Out!!

Have you heard the fabulous news?!!  Well, unless you live in my lil' ol' town you probably haven't but I have to tell you...Mr. Hubby's varsity high school soccer team won the district tournament!!  Y'all...this is huge!  The last time his school won was when he was playing...12 years ago!!  How stinkin' cool is it that he has now won districts as a player and a coach!!  I am SOOOOO proud of him!!!
And I have to say...this girl should get "wife of the year" award!  Tonight was the first game in the regional tournament and wouldn't you know...it just had to poor rain...the entire game!  Seriously y'all...I was soaked to the bone and freezing cold!  It was worth it though when we {yes...I consider myself part of the team!} pulled off a 4-0 win!! 

Ok...on to "teaching" stuff!  I don't know about y'all but parent-teacher conferences are right around the corner.  Seriously?  How could it already be that time?!  This year is just'a scootin' right along!! I thought I would share with you a few forms that I use. 

First up is my conference pack that I use to guide my conference.  My parent's love this!  It has EVERYTHING they need to know about what their lil' sweetie has learned so far and how they have performed on assessments in reading and math.


You can also click {here} to take a peek at the letter I send home to parents to sign up for conferences and click {here} to see the form I use the night of conferences for parents to sign confirming they attended the conference.

Um...has anyone else had issues with finding a lesson plan template that they like?  I have been through 4 different designs in this year alone!  I started out with plans that were 10+ pages long a week.  Let me tell you, they were some detailed lesson plans but my teaching seriously stunk!!  I was spending so much time writing the plans that I didn't have the time to learn the lessons!  This is why I came up with this format and
I LOVE IT!!  Everything fits on two pages!!

This week we began learning how to participate in literature circles and my darlin's are totally eatin up the whole mustache and tie gig...they are so engaged and are just too dang cute with their props!!

{click here to snatch up a copy from my TPT store}

I am crossing my fingers that I have my newest pack ready to go by this Friday!  I am so excited about this one!!  It will include several math activities {including Pumpkin Dissecting!}, a few literacy activities and a craftivity!! 


Don't forget to stop back in on Tuesday for "Chic Teacher Tuesday"!!

15 comments:

  1. I love the looks of your lesson plan! It is always hard to find one that works each year.

    ✞Heather
    Swinging Through Second Grade
    hdawntn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you, your hubby, and the team! What an amazing accomplishment! :)

    Bren
    The Teacher Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could we purchase that lesson plan template from you? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi-I am searching your TPT store and I can't seem to find your conference pack. Are you selling it??

    Thanks!

    Nicole
    A Frenzy of Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am looking everywhere for your conference pack and I cannot find it either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to get a copy of your lesson plan template. Is this in TPT or somewhere on your blog? :)

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love the conference pack as well!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower! You have such a great blog!!
    Excited to check out the rest!
    ஐRikki

    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats to your husband! Oh, and you too. Tee hee.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the parent-teacher conference forms! Those are always such an awkward time for me and I never know what exactly to say. This is a great way to not only show parents exactly what's going on and how their child's doing, but it would also be a great guide for me to follow. What a great idea!

    P.S.- I am patiently waiting for some more cute teacher outfit ideas! :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One more quick thing... My sister-in-law could totally be your twin... So much so that I thought she started blogging when I found yours :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been Boo'd! Check it out here: http://tattlingtotheteacher.blogspot.com/2012/10/bood_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been first grade blog-hopping and just had to stop by and tell you how Adorable your blog is! Regarding those "always-changing" lesson plans.... I am in the same boat! Your planner looks great!
    Thanks for being the inspiration I needed today.
    Julie

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I REALLY wanted to be your 500th follower but I think being #499 is even better! Have a great evening!

      Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

      Delete
  14. Just found your blog. Looks great and I got to be your 500th fan too cool.

    ReplyDelete