December 31, 2012

Mercy Me!

Mercy me!  Has it really been a whole month since I have blogged last?!  Let me just tell y'all...that is at the top of my "New Year's Resolutions" list...blog on a consistent basis (and I'm talking weekly)!!  I must admit though that I have spent this past month focusing on one thing...my family!!

A few weeks back, my entire family spent the weekend at Great Wolfe Lodge!  Oh my...the memories we made were priceless!  Spending time with my three beautiful nieces makes my heart so dang happy!!
{Please excuse my appearance...that is the "I've spent the entire day riding super fun water slides" look! 
Be jealous...that look is hard to maintain!!

And then there is this hunk of a man!  That's right ladies...I got to see him in a private concert the week before Christmas!  He was nothing short of amazing!!
Oh Tim McGraw...how I love you!  Ssshhhh...don't tell the hubby!

Ok...so now that you see why I have been MIA--let me catch you up to speed--QUICKLY!!
Below are pics from our last week 1/2 of school...

Jingles came to visit us to remind my sweet lil' darlin's of their behavior and boy did it work wonders!!  Check out all the silly things he did in our classroom...

Jingles started the day making a big 'ol mess of our Dot Box...and then tragedy struck...

Jingles was accidentally knocked over!!  The gasps from the students was priceless!  You could have heard a pin drop in the room!  I reassured the students that he would be ok and this is how we found him after lunch...

All better now!

Check out his other shenanigans...




The week before winter break, we had our Gingerbread week and it was oh so fun!!  Take a looksie at a few of the activities we did!! {Hopefully you can store some of these ideas away for next year!}


Gingerbread Compound Words foldable!  Snag a copy here

At the end of the week, I brought in Gingerbread cookies for us to enjoy but...
a pesky little Gingerbread Man stole them and ran away!!  We used the story "The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray to help us find our cookies.  If you haven't read this, you must!  It is so stinkin' adorable and fits perfectly with a Gingerbread hunt!! 

 I made these clues to accompany the story (the actual clues came from http://www.lauramurraybooks.com/resources/gb-hunt-clues.pdf).  Such a great lesson to teach predictions and story sequencing.  Each of the clues follows the story to retell it!!  You can snag a copy of the clues here

(I promise we are almost at the end...just hang tight!!)

To complete our Gingerbread Hunt lesson, we made Wanted signs to try to find our pesky little guy!!

{Click the pic to get this!}

Geez o pete!!  If you made it to the end of this never ending post then you are a doll!!  Happy New Year's sweet friends!  Check back tomorrow for a little surprise!!

One more thing...check out my tree this year!  I decided to be a bit Martha Stewart like and make my garland and tree skirt {actually my wonderful room mom made my tree skirt}!  What do ya think?!

Ok...I'm finished...promise!! 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! Love to read about others- Elf on the Shelf. Cute ideas! Thanks for the compound word activity. I'll done this with just a piece of paper but this is sooo much cuter. Thanks for sharing.
    Petersons-Pad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! LOVED all your cute Elf on the Shelf ideas and all of your gingerbread activities! I will definitely have to save those ideas for next year. =)

    Have a Happy New Year! =)
    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    (Sorry about the deleted post above!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is adorable! And your tree looks amazing. I miss my tree already. Your gingerbread ideas look so fun. I love that compound word activity! Pinning it for next year!
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gingerbread compound words foldable is precious.
    Come check out my blog for the "Forget-me-not" 2012 link party.
    -Lovely Nina
    www.lovelylittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete