November 8, 2013

Home for the Holidays! {Fundraiser}

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year.  I adore everything about it...family, friends, snow, laughter, hot chocolate, cookies, Christmas lights, carols...absolutely everything!  Above all, I love this season because it is the birthday of our Lord and Savior.  During this season, we celebrate all that He has done for us and what better way to celebrate than through the act of giving!

This holiday season will mean just a little bit more to one special family.

 
I was blessed last year to have one of these sweet boys in my class.  I was even more blessed to meet his mommy and now be able to call her my friend!  This mommy is not a normal mommy...she is a super mommy...a hero and inspiration to all who meet her.
 
Here is her story...
 
Shannon was diagnosed with Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC) in June 2012.  In August she had  70% of her liver removed. She recovered well and the doctors seemed very confident that they got it all. All follow-up CT's and even a PET scan at the end of April 2013 showed all clear. Mother's Day weekend of 2013 she was admitted to the hospital for some dehydration.  They performed a CT while there and the awful truth revealed itself...the cancer was back not only in the liver but it had now spread to the lungs.  At this point there was nothing else the doctors could do...they gave her 6 months to a year to live...ON MOTHER’S DAY!!! With being a mother of 4 small children this was unacceptable so she traveled to Minnesota Mayo clinic for a second opinion, which unfortunately she received the same news.
 
Last week, Shannon wrote the following message...
 
As we come upon the Holidays I know these are going to be the hardest times for me to get through. I hope to begin dual chemo therapy in the upcoming weeks. I know it’s not going to be easy and yes I’m terrified to death as far as the outcome. I know this is something that has to be done to extend my time with my family. I’m not ready to give up nor will I go without a fight.

Although the Dr. hasn’t come out and given me a definitive time frame, we know time isn’t on my side. The biggest thing for me on my list was to make it to the holidays. Share the time I can with my family and make everlasting memories that my kids will remember for years to come. I look forward to these next few months and making more memories with those I love! I’m not going down without fighting every day searching for a cure for this and being an inspiration for those around me.

I ask that you take the time to spend extra time with your family this holiday season. Time is precious and we all can be gone in an instant. Sure it’s easy to get sidetracked with the day to day grinds of our lives with work, kid’s school activities, dinner and bedtime. Just remember tomorrow isn’t guaranteed for any of us.

We will update this in the upcoming weeks with more information regarding my journey!! Once again thank you all and god bless!!!!

Shannon Marks
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Home-for-the-Holidays-Fundraiser-965527
 
{Click here to check out this fab resource!}
 
This is where I need your help to make this Christmas the most amazing Christmas for Shannon and her sweet family.  I have put together a fundraiser with some of my best blogging friends that will hopefully bring financial relief to this inspiring family.  For $15 you can purchase 16 holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, St. Patrick's Day) units from a few of the best sellers.  The pack is valued at over $90!!
 
Please make this purchase and not only save you some planning time during this crazy and hectic time of year but more importantly, make this purchase so this family can have a Christmas they will never forget!! 
 
Check out the amazing products you will receive!!
{Click any of the pics to check out more details about each product!}
 
   http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Persuasive-Letter-WritingLeapin-Leprechauns-212526     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spelling-for-All-Seasons-Part-One-285549
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Happy-Holiday-Math-and-Literacy-Centers-170362
 
  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Turkeyriffic-Centers-for-First-Graders-ELA-and-Math-923446     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Class-Made-Books-November-Edition-939763
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-Craze-Literacy-and-Book-Activities-429241     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Elf-Capades-Math-and-Literacy-Fun-Common-Core-Aligned-422375
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Christmas-Reading-Comprehension-Activities-423283     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/New-Years-Craftivity-and-Writing-Pack-460037    
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Mistletoe-Math-Tubs-12-Hands-On-Math-Activities-for-December-432732     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/North-Pole-or-Bust-18-Hands-On-December-Literacy-Activities-430870
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Busy-Teachers-Best-Friend-Christmas-Edition-430029     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rave-Reviews-and-Opinions-A-Common-Core-Writing-Workshop-Genre-Study-Unit-592793
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/CUPS-Posters-Student-Job-Card-Set-Chevron-and-Owls-807963
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Elf-Christmas-Party-Creative-Clips-Digital-Clipart-749789     http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Stacked-Stitched-Christmas-Trees-2-Graphics-for-Commercial-Use-414571
 
So what are you waiting for?!  Click here to make a purchase that will last a lifetime!!
 
Blessings sweet friends!!

21 comments:

  1. Such a sad but heartwarming story! What a brave Mom! My prayers go out to Shannon and her family! Thank you for doing this Rebecca. I hope our purchase helps in even a small way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet of you Rebecca!! I have a lot of those units already, but I KNOW it's going to a good cause so I'm buying it anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, you are so sweet to put this together for this family! I know they will remember it FOREVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long will this be up for? I do not get paid until Friday, and want to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this today, and it's awesome! But even more awesome is the cause, my thoughts are with this family.

    Take care,
    Dee:)
    www.OvertheMoonBow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gesture to this family! Thank YOU! wendy 1stgradefireworks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this packet and many blessings to Shannon and her family from downunder!

    Much love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing mother and women. Her and her family will be in my prayers. You are doing something so wonderful for this family. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just bought the bundle with tears in my eyes for this tough mama! You're doing something so wonderful! Thoughts and prayers being sent her way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just purchased this bundle after reading the story of this amazing woman and her family. It is wonderful that you all have collaborated to help this family. Prayers for Shannon and her family.

    Nancy
    Fun Times in First

    ReplyDelete
  11. I immediately purchased this after reading this heart-warming testament of love. My heart goes out to her and her family. My contribution may not be much, but I hope it helps in some small way. Thank you for your love for your friend! Will keep you all in my prayers, especially this holiday season! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so special of you to put this together for the family. I have lifted the family up in prayer and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on my way to Tpt! What an awesome thing you are doing! Prayers being sent for Shannon and family!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So thankful for generous bloggers like you and your friends. Thinking of this family and know that this will be a memorable season for them. Please keep us posted on this sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful way to support such a special family! I am on my way to purchase the set. Thoughts and prayers for this wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful of you to do this for this family. I'm off to get this into my shopping cart. They'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This family's story brings tears to my eyes. Shannon is such a brave woman! Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to make a difference this holiday season..... I just bought the resource. My thoughts and prayers are with them. They are also lucky to have a friend like you. God Bless. ~Irene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for putting this together! Happy to be able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oops! Meant to comment:
    Adding my prayers and purchasing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will be praying for this sweet family. Happy to be able to purchase for such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete