January 27, 2015

Just Clip It, Trace It, Write It!

Hey there friends!  As promised, tonight is the first of 6 blog posts dedicated to my newest resources focusing on handwriting, fine motor skills and letter identification.  I seriously LOVE these units!!  They are perfect for use during centers, for your RTI or Special Ed kiddos or for early finishers. 
 
Do your little sweeties struggle with fine motor skills as much as mine do?!  This pack (the first of six fine motor/handwriting/beginning letter id packs) was created to engage students in a hands-on approach to handwriting and beginning letter identification while allowing them the opportunity to practice their fine motor skills using clothes pins.
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/HandwritingClip-It-Trace-It-Write-It-1606243
 
For those visual learners...like myself...here's a little sneak peek into how this resource works!
 

I would have loved to have provided you with pics of my students using this resource but since I am home on maternity leave snuggling my two girls, the pics below are all I could muster up!!
 
Start with these materials...
 
 
You can use plain 'ol clothes pins or you can add an extra element to the task and put letters on the clips...
 
 
Students would then have to find the correct focus letter on the clips to use with the "clip it" card...well hot dog...even more letter id practice!!
 
 
Next, students will find the pictures that begin with the focus letter and "clip it".
 
 
Last, students will trace and write the focus letter using their best handwriting remembering to follow the correct letter formation directions.
 
 
I have also included exit slips for each focus letter...an added little bonus!!
 
You can check this pack out in my TPT store by clicking here!  You can also grab this resource as part of my "Growing Bundle" which will include 6 handwriting/fine motor resources as well as a bonus Exit Slip pack that can be used with all 6 resources.
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/HandwritingFine-Motor-Growing-Bundle-1629932
 
Check back tomorrow to learn more about my second pack...Handwriting with a Punch!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment